- Born (4/6/66) Knaresborough (a cute tourist trap near Harrogate), North Yorkshire, England.
- Degree (84-87) in Biology from Bangor University.
- PhD (87-91), Open University.
- Post-doctoral Research (91-94), St. George’s Hospital Medical School.
- More research (94-97) at The Dept. of Human Anatomy, Oxford University (Voxel Man and related anatomical technology)
- Departmental Lecturer (97-98) at The Dept. of Human Anatomy, and St. Catherine’s College, Oxford University.
- Web Manager / Interactive Media Manager (1998-2007)- Natural History Museum, London, UK.
- 2007-2013 – Online Architect, Which?, London, UK.
- Oct 2013-present Web architect, Travelodge Hotels, Oxfordshire.
Over 9 years at the NHM I managed the entire gamut of online projects, from back-end CRM integration projects, through web visualisation and web databases, full lifecycle site redesigns, to integrated retail and ticketing ecommerce solutions and gallery kiosk-online integration. Also coordinated a national conference, UK Museums on the Web.
Now involved in enterprise level projects, programming and strategy; large scale web content management, novel ecommerce models, subscription-based online publishing, enterprise architecture, web platform standards, analytics and performance, devops and continuous delivery, cloud, containers and ‘microservices’.